How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9413
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I found out that my domestic partner and mother of my 4 year

Customer Question

I found out that my domestic partner and mother of my 4 year old have been having an affair with a married man with 3 kids that also happens to be her direct reporting supervisor at work. she started working from home a few months ago and would sneak him into our home while I am working. She is now pregnant child going into 2nd trimester. when confronted her, she couldn't say if it was mine or his. Do I have any rights in this situation? I want to leave but need to know if I am going to be a father again, what are my options and would be there any repercussions if I confronted the man to ask him to get a prenatal paternity test and/or expose the adulterer to his wife?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear this.

You do not need him to do a paternity test to determine if you are the father. If you are not, then he presumably is.

Men in this situation often confront the spouse of the adulterer, while women usually confront the adulterer directly. The latter course of action is probably less ugly all around.

You can ask your domestic partner if she will agree to a prenatal paternity test, but you will not be able to get a court ordered paternity test until after the birth.

Adultery is a misdemeanor in Maryland, and is also grounds for divorce or for termination of a Maryland domestic partnership, see

You can get a free consultation from some of the Maryland family law attorneys listed by location here.

I hope this information is helpful.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you for your answer. but going back specifically to my question regarding repercussion. I meant the legal kind. Can I get in trouble with the law if I contact the adulterer to confront him (ask him to take responsibility for the pregnancy) or go to his wife if he avoids to expose him with her. My domestic partner is threatening to sue me for harassment if I talk to any of them and accusing me of infringing her privacy. she usually uses my phone and I went through hers as well and found the incriminating text messages.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 2 years ago.

You have the right to speak with the adulterer and/or his spouse.

I cannot guarantee whether or not you would be sued for harassment, people these days sue at the drop of a hat.