How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27467
Experience:  18 years of litigation experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I file a restraining order or drug abuse?

Customer Question

Can I file a restraining order for verbal or drug abuse?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.


Against whom? Can you give some details on the nature of the abuse? Is what is being said to you and the person's behavior while on drugs making you fearful for your safety?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The husband of the female that i have problems with hes a drug dealer but i cant mentioned because i dont have a way to prove it,but theres a lot of people they know he is,on october of 2013 hes wife pay someone to blow all the windshield of my car,because i couldnt hold to much and start to complain at the manager of the premises,they send her a capital letter that things scalet far away that on october of 2014 they burn my car in fron of my apartment when i was working,why i know it was her because because it was a confrontation and she admited but once again i dont have a way to prove it,next day after that her and her husband broke into my house with more people this person brough from relatives where hes working so they could fight my husband,so i went again call police make a report they came with a different story that when me and my husband was ready to get arrested but her and her husband have to go too she started ,make a drama and say that everything would finish there,once police leave there was a different story so i decide to go again to the manager and bring everything that i have to prove what she was doing so because i have pics of the damage and i was sphysical bruce they decide to pay for the cost of damage and a 2 capital letters,that was the point that i decide i have to move because every time i have to go out she start argument and make a lot of coments tour my kids, so that was it,i dont know what kind of complaints they make that i end it evicted from my apartment after 9 years,so i wont be fighting for that case when i was fear for my life,i move out,but guess what my family is involve and this matter too now after a couple months they find out where i live that new threats its been arrive about to burn me inside the truck with my k7ds or husband.i dont know what else to do,i work my husband too and fear for my kids and husband.Now we are in October and i fear they can docsomething to burn my truck or do something else.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Seriosly dont know what end the investigation because i try to reach the detective that had the case but eveytime i try i didnt recieve no respond at all.the detective from the insurance hes the one that take note about everything because he wants to make sure we wasnt comited fraud,after months they released us from that and thats when they pay me for my car.but thats it.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. I see now that I already answered your other question. Regardless of what ended your old investigation, if they are bothering you again you can attempt to get a restraining order and bring new charges.

Please go back to the other thread where I've already provided an answer and if you have a follow up, you can take it up there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I havent tell my husband the new threat and either dont want to concern my girls about it,im keeping all this to my self and i dont have respond at all about the case of the burning car its been a year i try to apply for a restraining order and its been deny because we are not relatives.i even put survilance video where i park my truck behind the house where i living.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

Please go back to the other question and reply there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry they sont let me until i pay for it and i havent got all the money they ask for it.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

If you are not willing to report this new incident to the police there is nothing you will be able to do to help yourself and your family. You can't have it both ways. Either you want these people stopped or you don't.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yess i wan to so bad
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

Then you know what you have to do. You don't have to be relatives to get a criminal restraining order. You need that for a civil order. If you want to have these people prosecuted, you go to the police, report the offense and tell them you are fearrful for your safety and your family's, need a protective order and you want them arrested