How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My youngest child turned 18 on October 6, 2015. how do I get

Customer Question

my youngest child turned 18 on October 6, 2015. how do I get the garnishment order lifted?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you with information in this regard.

First, please note, that child support does not end at 18 if the child is still in high school. If that is the case, it is payable until age 19.

To file the Motion to have the garnishment vacated, I suggest you find the Court facilitator in the county where you will file and you can use this link to do that. They will provide you with the form necessary. The court facilitator is required to review your documents you file without a local attorney anyway. So you can start there.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Here is the LINK to the Form you must file

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Anything you file in court needs to be served onto the other party and so you will also need this FORM