How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11768
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having to file a motion to compel because my wife's

Customer Question

Hi. I am having to file a motion to compel because my wife's lawyer refuses to provide supplemental answers to the meet and confer for interrogatories I sent them. As In Pro Per, am I entitled to collect fees from her? Much like an attorney would be able to if it was the other way around? If so, how do I calculate these fees and what does the Court see as reasonable? Thanks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

I will try to best answer your question.

You have to file your request to compel firsT and if the answers are not provided at that point you can file a motion for sanctions I would suggest valuing your time by what you earn as a salarly through your employment. If currently unemployed use the salary of your last employment.