How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If your in jail and your in there alcohol related charge and

Customer Question

if your in jail and your in there for a alcohol related charge and you have back payments on child support and cant afford a lawyer what are your options?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the exact charges were DV in the 4th degree. malicious mischief, alluding a police office. so far the unlawful imprisonment charged was dropped
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Has the defendant been arraigned yet? If so, did they ask to be appointed the public defender?