How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19627
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My privacy at my primary care Doctor has been breached. My

Customer Question

My privacy at my primary care Doctor has been breached. My story goes way back. I have multiple health issues. The breech occured after my son's Mother (not ever my wife). Attempted to use my pain problem and my usage of medicine for pain against me. She did this after she lost custody of our sons. I did what the local children's division required me to do. Which was go through the custody process to obtain primary custodial rights to my sons. They did this after Mom had been arrested on numerous occasions. She then went behind my back to my Doctor. She falsified information to them about me. They in turn started getting very nasty with me regarding my primary care. Yes she had been to doctors visits with me. When we were still together. However she continued communication about me to my doctor after we split up. Because of the false reports she gave them about me. I have been investigated needlessly, by law enforcement. They have never found any wrongdoing on my part. I have now decided after being treated badly at my doctor for no reason. I am being weaned off the pain medicine, which is my decision. Due to the fact that I have other pressing health problems. Such as heart problems and diabetes. That I need to get off pain medicine so I can easily port my health problems to another practitioner. I am at wits end with this problem due to the fact that my reputation and character have been severely compromised. I feel none of this is my fault and totally unnecessary.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can. Do you have any specific questions? I just want to make sure that I understand what legal information you are seeking.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What kind of recourse to this problem do I have? Where do i go from here?
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Hi again.

Recourse against who? Your ex, or the doctor? Also, have you been damaged in any way (other than the annoyance of dealing with the lies)? If so, that is certainly an important factor.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been severely annoyed yes. My health has suffered. I have to for my own piece of mind of course find a new primary physician. With the extent of my health problems this is a bit of an undertaking. I have been a patient there for 25 years. Thank you for your responses.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Hi again.

I'm really sorry, but I don't think that I'll be able to provide you with a useful answer. I will open your question for other attorneys to review. Thank you for using our service.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. I will be further assisting you with your post.

If your primary physician's office discussed your medical's issues with the mother of your child without your consent, then the office is in violation of HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996) and you can file complaint against the doctor with U.S. Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights. Click on the link below for the complaint process: