How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask mmdesq Your Own Question
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 518
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
mmdesq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just received a copy of an order to show cause that my

Customer Question

I just received a copy of an order to show cause that my recent ex wife filed with the courts. What she says I still have I do not have. She maintains that I am calling her when in fact her family is calling me and I have records of it. She has a restraining order on me but what she is doing is having her family call me and then she is trying to call me. What are my legal rights and hoe do I get her to stop harassing me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

So the documents you have been served have a hearing date on them?

And it is in Texas or NM?

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

I am going to shut down for the evening. But will be back tomorrow. I will opt out so that you can get your service more promptly.

Thanks for your patience and another professional will help you in a bit.

Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

I will try to best answer your question.

You will need to file a written response to her motion. The response has to be paragraph specific meaning for each allegation she raises in a paragraph you either need to admit or deny that particular paragraph. If you deny her allegation you can put a counter statement with your version of the event. I would absolutely attach copies of phone records or text messages or emails that establish it as her family contacting you. You need to be very careful with this as most restraining orders contain prohibition against communicating with a protected party even via third persons.

You will also deny that you have the items that she claims and make her have to prove it.

I would also include a counterclaim for your costs of having to travel back to New Mexico to defend a frivolous motion.

I hope this information and advice is helpful and I wish you the best of luck dealing with a situation.

Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Would you kindly rate my answer. Thank you

Related Family Law Questions