How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD 1992 Your Own Question
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33554
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JD 1992 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Filling out final decree forms already filed divorce decree

Customer Question

Filling out final decree forms for an already filed divorce decree Montgomery county Texas. We already share custody of two children and pay together. One parent and child in Cairo and other in Tulsa.
In Texas we don't have and don't want health insurance and neither would qualify for Medicaid. If we cannot workout in the future we will modify the decree. 1. Can I leave the Obligor and Obligee un- answered or put in each parent in both? 2. Can we Write in both parents equally pay for medical care or insurance and screw Medicaid or Obama Care? What about people who do not qualify for either or any insurance? 3. The forms deny or are filled with a "no" and a "no" with the ability to parents jointly or independently to receive, save or spend funds? Why one or the other exclusively? We both just need to finish the form without all the US legal adversarial notions everywhere. 4. The question for keeping a child in a geographical areas we do not want answered at all. One child is in Tulsa with the father and going to school and the other in Cairo with the mother. We want geographical out. How do we do that with the forms we are filling out to be submitted for final decree?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to do what you want to do using forms. What I'd suggest is you either draft the order from scratch or hire an attorney to do so. You may be able to find a local attorney to do that or you can hire a contract attorney online at one of the website like or (I think this one just changed their name to something else).

Usually the price to draft a document like that is pretty reasonable.

By having the order drafted from scratch you can do anything you like in it. However, you still have to go to court for the final hearing and "prove it up" .

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread.