How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask mmdesq Your Own Question
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 518
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
mmdesq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex husband and I have joint custody I have my son on

Customer Question

My ex husband and I have joint custody I have my son on weekends and I feel like he uses my son as a spy to see what my personal life is like. I bought my son a cell phone to keep in contact with me during he week when he is not with me and this weekend I noticed my exhusband installed a tracker on my
Sons phone. How do I handle this? I feel very creeped out and my privacy invaded
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening,

I will try to best answer your question.

I recommend dealing with this issue head on and confronting your ex husband regarding it. I would further recommend contacting the police to find out whether any charges may be filed for cyber stalking. If there are any audio recordings or audio transmissions he is receiving that is illegal in Pennsylvania. I would for the recommend removing the battery from your son cell phone while he is in your custody. How to make him leave any electronic switch dad has access to in your garage. If police are unwilling to file charges, you should review your custom order because it probably has a prohibition against spying on other parent and his actions would clearly be in contempt of the custody order. I would demand a written apology and written statements stating that no further actions of this kind will occur. I recommend asking for the apology not for the sake of the apology but to have proof that he has acknowledged that the invasion took place for your future use.

Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Would you kindly rate me please. Thank you.

Related Family Law Questions