How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask mmdesq Your Own Question
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 518
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
mmdesq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is the sol income. He left me at our rental

Customer Question

My husband is the sol income. He left me at our rental property in San Diego and has refused to pay any of my bills. He refuses to let me pay anything. I barely can survive. I paid my phone and he is telling me he is charging me with FRAUD. He is abusive both mentally and emotionally, and now he is trying to control me by making me suffer without any financial resources at all, nothing.
Can he crimally charge me for using his money?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening,

I will try to best answer your question.

If bank account or credit card is in his name alone you can not just help yourself. You should file for divorce and file emergency for temporary support. If there is a joint account or card you can certainly use that.

I hope this information is helpful and I wish you the best of luck.

Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Would you kindly rate me please. Thank you.

Related Family Law Questions