How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31765
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Lived together after divorce was filed,paid child support

Customer Question

Lived together after divorce was filed,paid child support under the same roof,shh moved to close by and ask me to move with her to help with finances,she also got ill not work for year and half,for the kids shake i did it stayed together til boys were on their won and off age,now and 10 years later suing me for back child support is it legal?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If there was a child support order in place, and you didn't seek a modification and if you didn't pay the support amount each month, then she'd technically be entitled to it.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

You can try to reduce the obligation by showing what you've paid over the years and ask the court to credit you for it.