How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31733
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have child support established in Florida and my

Customer Question

We have child support established in Florida and my daughters father lives in Pennsylvania. He has recently began to miss his payment. He has not paid since August 2015. I need to know what should I do next?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The only thing you can do is file a motion to hold the father in contempt of court for failing to make the payments. The judge can grant you a judgment of contempt and can also award you a judgment for the unpaid support, which you could then try to collect in PA. But, the first step is to see a local lawyer about filing a contempt action against the father for failing to pay the child support as ordered.