How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31729
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I have joint legal and residential custody of

Customer Question

My husband and I have joint legal and residential custody of our 15-year-old daughter. He remarried, they have a new baby, bought a house in Reno, and now he would like full custody of our daughter and take her to Reno. I've been served his request for modification of our divorce agreement. The hearing is coming up and I've not heard anything else. What do I need to prepared with at the hearing? On what grounds are these type of matter decided?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

These matters always turn on what is in the best interest of the child.....that's the main/paramount concern. Thus, if the child lives primarily with you, and if she's lived in the area you're in her entire life, it is more likely than not that the judge would want her to remain in the stable environment.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Also, the child's preference will be a big factor in the judge's decision - - but it is not necessarily outcome-determinative.

Related Family Law Questions