How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am out on bail a year and 1/2 charges from UT, I live in

Customer Question

I am out on bail for over a year and 1/2 for drug charges from UT, I live in MN .If I don't go to court are the going to come get me? meth and bond was 7500$?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Yes. Anytime a defendant fails to appear in court, a bench warrant will be issued. And with that type of bond at stake, the bondsmen will more than likely find you.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Since it has been 1 and 1/2, I suggest you should talk to your private attorney or your public defender and ask them to file a Motion to Dismiss For Failure to Prosecute

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I paid off the bond to the bonds man. we have att. he says he got this.but no receits no paper work
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

Well, I don't know what your attorney is doing. But if you do not appear in court, there will be a bench warrant issued for your arrest.

Perhaps, your attorney is going to file the Motion to Dismiss. Ask him more questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ithink he he making that motion ,do I have to be there at any point ,if they don't except that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for everying
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

If the court does not grant the motion, then yes. You will have a trial date and you will need to appear.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank joe
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Good luck, Joe

Thanking you in advance for a positive rating.