How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask mmdesq Your Own Question
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 518
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
mmdesq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im am guardian of my handicapped child, 29 years old - whom

Customer Question

Im am guardian of my handicapped child, 29 years old - whom I have maintained not only alive all these years but is thriving (affected with cerebral palsy). the CSB in Fairfax county is "threatening" me to remove my guardianship because I changed hhcare agencies too often (no wonder: the ones I hired after our nanny of 18 years had to leave for medical reasons, couldn't, half the time provide morning care -and I need to work!).
also when C.NA didn't like to receive safety guidelines from me, they accused me of all the evils on earth (from "racism to other degrading insults - with no proof of such since my best friends are from a different culture!)
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening,

I will try to best answer your question.

Although your nanny of 18 years may not be able to provide care, if she is available testify regarding the care she had previously provided and attest to your involvement with your son that would be powerful. It seems to me that you went an extremely long period of time with no issues and only now when he lost a great caregiver this concern come up from new inadequate replacements. I would also recommend obtaining your sons medical records from his doctors to show that his health needs are being met.

If you have friends or neighbors who visited with you routinely I'd also have them on standby to testify on your behalf regarding all the efforts and sacrifices you make for your sons care. These situations can be difficult as you are attempting to prove a negative, ie proving that something never happened. The best way to do this is too prove what did occur.

I would think that you're for caregivers testimony would be the most powerful piece of information. In addition, any other family members that have had that chance to observe you with your son would also be extremely helpful.

I hope this information and advice is helpful and I wish you the best of luck.

Related Family Law Questions