How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19623
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My elderly mother has dementia and currently in the

Customer Question

My elderly mother has dementia and currently in the hospital. She will be discharged to a nursing home for rehabilitation; however, permanent placement is the most likely outcome.
Can I be financially compensated now for being her caregiver for three years? I quit work to assist her.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.

No, you cannot. You cannot retroactively receive payment for caring for your mother. The compensation happens at the time the care was giving through a program run by Medicaid Program called Cash and Counselling and Participant-Directed Services. For more information on the program , click on the links below: