How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have legal visation rights to a child that at one time had

Customer Question

I have legal visation rights to a child that at one time had temporay custody of and the daddy took me to court and we agreed that he would get full cousdy of her and I would have visation rights, he is telling me next weekend when its my weekend hes not going to let me get her. If I have my court papers with me and take the police can he keep her from me
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Unfortunately, the police will not get involved. This is a civil and not a criminal matter. If he does not allow the visit as per the court order, you will need to file a Contempt/Show Cause proceeding in the court that issued the order.

However, if you had a visit and since he is the Primary Custodian Parent and you did not return the child a court order states, then he could call the police and they could intervene as a Parental Kidnapping matter.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.

If you need to file a contempt proceeding, you can go to the clerk of the court and request the packet of documents to file and you can do that on your own without a local attorney.