How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask mmdesq Your Own Question
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 518
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
mmdesq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

22 years ago I was divorced and receiving alimony... My

Customer Question

22 years ago I was divorced and receiving alimony...
My husband left me 7 years before the alimony, after we married for 12 years, that time I had a friend that came from my same home-town (Italy), and without I ever introduced my husband to her, she steeled him from me...pretending she was my friend...
I had find out only in the recent years and wrote a nasty letter to him calling her names...
After the letter he stopped the alimony to me...and hid himself for me and the law for not to find him...He Scottish and used to own an international electronic business...and is an inventor
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon,

I will try to best answer your question.

If you have an existing order requiring alimony I will file a motion for contempt and hire a private investigator to find his current whereabouts that you may serve the petition for contempt. You can request incarceration as an option in order to ensure compliance with the court order. It sounds like it is worth the money to hire a private investigator to locate your ex husband. They have access to databases and resources that are not available to the general public.

This does sound like a matter worth pursuing.

I hope this information is helpful and I wish you the best of luck.

Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Please indicate a positive rating.