How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask mmdesq Your Own Question
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 518
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
mmdesq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an issue that has been bothering time. I went to a

Customer Question

I have an issue that has been bothering for a long time. I went to a catholic elementary school and when I was there a priest fondled me is there anything way I can do about it now? St Ignatuis the priest is dead.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 51 years old. Born 2/23/64 I think but not for sure he did more to a other girl we used to sit on his lap on the playground me and that other girl but one day he took her inside and he told me my day was the next day to go inside but I never saw him again. She was not in school the next day and I ask her sister if she knew where the priest was a recess and she told me I needed to stay away that he did something bad to her sister.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

I will try to best answer your question.

I'm very sorry to hear about these traumatic circumstances you experienced. Because of the nature of the priest sexual abuse scandal new laws were passed in many states extending the statue of limitation for filing criminal actions and civil actions against priest.

I would recommend contacting the district attorney's office in the county in which you reside to report the incident if you intend to pursue the same. Even though the specific priest engaged in this heinous crime maybe deceased any superiors that were aware of the events or attempted to cover them up later may also be subject to criminal prosecution and/or civil liability. Similarly, you may also have the option of filing a civil suit as the statute of limitation have been extended as well for these incidents. My recommendation would be to start with the district attorney's office.

I hope that this information is helpful and I wish you the best of luck dealing with this serious matter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.

Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.

Related Family Law Questions