How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Benicia Baker-Livors Your Own Question
Benicia Baker-Livors
Benicia Baker-Livors, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36
Experience:  Managing member at Family Law Group
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Benicia Baker-Livors is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Ga. I need to know was rights my son was as it

Customer Question

Hi I live in Ga. I need to know was rights my son was as it pertains to my granddaughter. My son and his girlfriend were living together for four years. They now have a 3 year old daughter. They now are no longer together. She wants to take the baby to Chicago. Can my son stop her? Again what rights does he have?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Benicia Baker-Livors replied 2 years ago.

Is your son on the birth certificate? Was mom married to another man at the time the child was conceived or born? These questions matter. Your son has rights to file a paternity action in Georgia immediately. If he is on the birth certificate he may have more rights. Once she moves, he will have to file in Chicago (unless he files within 6 months of her moving there).