How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19117
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an adopted child. Because our last names leaked to

Customer Question

I have an adopted child. Because our last names leaked to the birth parents and it is uncommon, I would like to change the birth date on the birth certificate. The adoption happened in NC and It is final and irrevocable. I still fill strongly about changing the birth date to a different birth month. How do I go about doing this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You cannot do that. It would be illegal to make up the birth date. In any event, here is information on how to make request for changing incorrect information on Birth Certificates: