Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I'm a disable man of 4yrs my wife of 30yrs decide she wanted

Customer Question
a divorce she wanted to...
I'm a disable man of 4yrs my wife of 30yrs decide she wanted a divorce she wanted to keep everything . Went to see an attorney we went through it for a yr . They put us on a mediation thing I had to let the attorney go could not afford it . After I found out I was in tiydle to half of her saving ,and the house ect.... Now out of the blues I get a text that the divorce has been drop with out me Okaying it . What can I do ????? I have no email sorry
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
10/8/2015
Family Lawyer: mmdesq, Family Law Attorney replied 2 years ago
mmdesq
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney

Good Evening,

I will try to best answer your question.

You will have to file a new complaint for divorce if you did not file a counterclaim to her complaint. You should in quite at the clerk of courts regarding pro bono attorney based on your income. You should also seel permanent alimony because of your disability.

I hope this information is helpful and I wish you the best of luck.

Please don't email no more that's her email ok. We going threw mediation divorced and now it's being called off with out me know anything. Went to the court house they can't tell me shit . All I want to know is can she just call it off like that ? I let go of my attorney could not afford her she thinks I'm an idiot 10th grade ed. Aren't we both support to sign it that all I wanted to know here in TX
Can u get rid of the emails please !!!

Yes you both should have signed off. You should also have been provided notice of her request to terminate before it was done.

mmdesq
mmdesq
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney