How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 29814
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I rent my house to my son and s gf. they have one child

Customer Question

i rent my house to my son and his gf. they have one child between them and she has two others. she is constantly causing problems, drunk, high, or fighting with my son. They never signed a lease but he wants her out. She refuses to leave, and he wants to keep his son. Aside from my grandson, how can i legally have her removed? the cops have come a couple of time due to her violence but they have made my son leave even though he was not the one drinking or fighting. I live in Idaho
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

With an oral rental agreement, you have the ability to serve a notice stating that you are terminating the tenancy at any time by serving written notice on the tenants at least 15 days before the end of the month. You are then free to enter a new rental agreement with your son only starting in November (but the termination should list them both). If she does not leave, then you'll have to go to court and have her evicted. If your son wants the child to continue living with him, then he'll need to go to court and seek a custody order. It would help him significantly if he has evidence of the mother's violence.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Related Family Law Questions