How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 28021
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Friend's wife has left m without s knowing it. She took

Customer Question

My Friend's wife has left him without his knowing it. She took most of the furniture. His Debit card is not working. She has called saying she "needs" time. What are the odds that he needs a lawyer and fast and what type of lawyer?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Has he called the bank to see the issue as to why his card is not working?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I don't believe he has done this. He is clueless about finances as she handled everything?? She has left him and told him she
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Your friend first needs to decide if he wants to wait and give her more time and try and work this out or divorce her. That decision is up to him. However, he does need to have access to money, so he needs to call the bank and see why the car is not working and if she did something and if so, he needs to contact her to get it active. If she will not, then he would need an attorney since he would be without money and the ability to meet his basic needs. Moreover, even though she took most of the furniture, if it was bought during the course of the marriage, it would be a martial asset. As such, she would need to return it and it would need to be divided and settled and would not simply be hers since she took it. If she is not willing to cooperate and work with him, then he needs to get an attorney since these issues will need to be temporarily decided.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!