How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask mmdesq Your Own Question
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 518
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
mmdesq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Daughter has been invited to first slumber party on access

Customer Question

Daughter has been invited to first slumber party on access weekend with father. Father has said no. Can I refuse access and offer another weekend for makeup?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

I will try to best answer your question.

Contempt of court is when you willfully fail to follow a court order. If you don't allow visitation father could file for contempt. I would recommend telling father that you would like to switch weekends because your daughterror wants to go and see if he will agree. If he does not agree I would follow the order. I know this not what you want to hear but I think it is the correct advice.