How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19297
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife was just acted. I am her health care surrogate.

Customer Question

My wife was just Baker acted. I am her health care surrogate.
However, due to the fact I was involved in the Baker act process. She does not wish to share information with me.
Therefore she is being transported to a place that will not acknowledge she is there. She is not Inn her right mind and I cannot help her.
Please help.
Gary (###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Your option here as her Heath Care Proxy is to file Emergency Motion with the Court to force the place she is being transported to to disclose her status to you so that you can properly make decisions for her.

You should also file Petition for Guardianship to take away decision making from her. You can obtain guardianship forms at your local Courthouse.

Best wishes,