How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34728
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In the state of Arizona. If a man and woman are living

Customer Question

In the state of Arizona. If a man and woman are living together and do not intermingle their financial accounts am I affected by common law marriage laws? IE: if I split up with her does she only have claim to what she had prior to moving in with me and
what she purchased with her funds? Could you give me some insights in how all of this works? I come from NY and things were a lot different there.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

Arizona does not recognize common-law marriage that were established in Arizona. That is, you can not become "married" under common law in Arizona. Since there is no common law marriage, there is no if you split up, each side is entitled to what they brought to the more, no less

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.