How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31672
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my son's biological father is not listed on s birth

Customer Question

If my son's biological father is not listed on his birth certificate, do I still have to have his consent for my husband to adopt my son?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you would need the father's consent to terminate his parental rights OR you would have to file an action for adoption and to terminate his rights and have him served as a defendant to the case.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Either way, the father is entitled to due process of law and that can't be taken away by you......but he can waive his rights by signing a waiver once the adoption is filed.

Related Family Law Questions