How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it lawful parolee in the state of Pa to take care of

Customer Question

is it lawful for a parolee in the state of Pa to take care of his/her troubled child
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

What do you mean "take care of" ?

What is the parole for? Is the child in the same state?

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

What seems to be the problem with it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On parole for drug dealing and gun possession. The child having been left in the care of foster parents who gave up on the child for being subversive and running away from home, lying, and stealing money from family (small amount) and skipping school and refusing to study well and hanging out with same kind of friends.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Thank you. And so where is the child now? Is the Parole Agent saying the parent cannot be around the child? If yes, what is the reason?

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

The bot***** *****ne is the PO has full control over a Parolee. Remember, Parole is not a right. But a privilege. And that means the PO can call the shots as to what is going to be best for the Parolee and those in the community.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

The Parent can file a Petition with the court to have the child under their guardianship and Parole cannot do anything to stop that. But if the PO is saying no, then the parent needs to obtain the court intervention.

Related Family Law Questions