How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 39153
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am filing out forms uncontested divorce in CA. We have

Customer Question

I am filing out forms for an uncontested divorce in CA. We have shared investment and cash management accounts that we intend to split 50-50. They are under a joint trust agreement now. When I list the account on the divorce form it asks who owns it and who it goes to but does not give me the option to say split 50-50. Should we go ahead and split these accounts then list them on the form as our own. Essentially we are splitting everything now and then representing that on this form to be filed.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.


Are you trying to split your assets using form FL-142?

Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.

I apologize, but my previous question was poorly phrased.

Which form number are you using to divide your assets?

Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.

I can't take a phone call using the Justanswer procedure. It's illegal for lawyers to split fees with a nonlawyer (and Justanswer is not a law firm). I will send you an additional services offer instead.