How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34515
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My spouse abandoned me & my 4 children 3 years ago. He has

Customer Question

My spouse abandoned me & my 4 children 3 years ago. He has continued to collect va disability pay for us, but has not provided any of that support. To make it worse, 3 of the children are only mine. I filed a complaint to the OIG in 2013 & than again in 2015. I was told than to file an apportion ate claim, which I did 2 months ago. While my spouse collected over $1065 a month along with a $40000 a year job, my kids & I had to rely on Medicaid, Foodstamps, & WIC for the 1st two & 1/2 years of that time. I applied for child support in 2013, and than he finally began sending me $200 child support money orders.
The most important thing to me, is preventing his using my identity & my children's identity to receive monies. Their fathers legally support & help raise them. It is very unfair that this man is able to use our children to support hisself for the past 3 years.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma...but do not see a question. Do you have a question? Are you asking if the VA is required to grant apportionment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question, is more of a request for advice. I need to know how to or who to contact, to get VA to stop letting him claim my children & myself. I could use the money, but more importantly I want justice.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you
Tell me, you mention you have contacted OIG...have you contacted your congressional representative yet?