Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

My daughter is having a problem with the father over oh

Customer Question

my daughter is having a problem with the father over oh because in the all they son. She want to go back to court and modified the court decision. She want their son doing school season and he get it get the child doing the summer and some holiday. She don't have any money for a lawyer so how can she go back to court to do that?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Your daughter needs to file a motion to modify custody and ask the court for the changes she wants, just because she cannot afford an attorney does not mean she cannot go to legal aid and get a local attorney to represent her. You can also call the NC Bar Association and ask them for the free (pro bono) attorneys in your area who can assist her. They have to file a motion to modify custody in the court and present evidence to the court as to the good cause why the custody needs to be changed.

That is her only way to get help, go through legal aid and also the state bar and based on this situation you can get her legal help to make the changes you need.