How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9389
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

L My son, grandson and granddaughter have been through a

Customer Question

helloL My son, grandson and granddaughter have been through a horrible experience where our grandchildren's mother passed away July 19 2015 unexpectedly. Her husband filed for temporary custody of our 16 year old granddaughter the next day. The affidavit filed was filed with seven false statements that both the stepfatherf and lawyer knew were false.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.


What question do you have that I can "justanswer" for you today?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We want to have direction on how to file for sanctions against the stepfather, his attorney and guardian ad litem. there have been thousands of dollars spent to take cared of this and get our granddaughter back with her father and brother
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we suspect this was done to obtain life insurance and social security benefits of our granddaughter.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.

Okay, thanks. I will have to reopen the question for others to assist. Please do not reply to this memo. It will slow down getting someone else engaged to assist you.

Best wishes with your legal difficulties and thanks for using Justanswer!

Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

New Expert here.

My opinion is that you cannot ask for sanction in the case that was already terminated in your favor.

You can sue to recover the fees spent and the damages incurred by that case in a new case for malicious prosecution, see the third paragraph on the opinion posted at

It sounds like you meet all six requirements, so I believe that you have a valid case.

You can get a free consultation from some of the attorneys listed by location here or here.

Please follow up on this with a local attorney.

I hope this information is helpful.