How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6392
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How is it possible to remove court appointed child attorney?

Customer Question

How is it possible to remove court appointed child attorney ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)!

Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information for your educational purposes only;

(B) No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with a JA expert;

(C) If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney of your choice in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given by a JA expert;

(D) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time. Please wait until then to assign the rating as initially I may still be getting more information from you to formulate a better answer; and

(E) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then please know that I make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you accept, understand and agree to these terms.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The child representative isn't helping the child at all , although her job is not to be bias she constantly is. Also she advised the court that the child should continue visitation, after the child reported the father punched him in the stomach. And the judge ordered an emergency intervention where the child disclosed the incident as well. The child also disclosed with his therapist who in fact wrote a letter to the court stating the child had been abused and yet in still she is fighting for the father when she was placed for the child. In closing she has not spoken to the child since December of 2014 but has came to court to represent him and has not spoken to him at all
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

The IL law that applies is here. Any party can make a motion with the court to appoint a representative for the child. Arguably, implied in this is the right to ask for a substitute representative. But the statute clearly provide for the appointment of "an additional attorney" so that may be another optionto consider.

If this answers your question, please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time.

If you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place.

You may request me in the future on new and unrelated questions by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR MAVERICK".

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Related Family Law Questions