How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116715
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boyfriend is on probation here in ga and he was charge

Customer Question

My boyfriend is on probation here in ga and he was charge with a sex crime so they told him that he has to move to stay on the street with no were to be in another county in ga but he parole officer said that it ok here. But the probation officer ever came to the house so she got a call saying that he here they did not come to check or nothing they going on word of mouth by a person that is not in ga right now but now they want to put back in jail what can we do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

In order to revoke the probation, they have to prove he was there and violated his probation. This means the phone call is not enough, they need to put a witness in front of the court to revoke his probation. So, while they can file to revoke his probation, without an actual witness testifying in court, they do not have the justification to revoke his probation required by the court.