How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 102142
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother got married to an Ukrainian woman that marriage

Customer Question

Hello , my brother got married to an Ukrainian woman that marriage was happened too fast within 1 to 2 months , however he regretted now and felt it was a fast rushed decision , he didn’t apply for immigration so his marriage has not recognized in USA , he is planning to divorce her as soon as possible , however she keeps contacting him and she wants him to get the green card and get money . my question is : can he divorce her without going to Ukraine ? and can he apply for divorce unilaterally even she doesn’t agree with the divorce ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) please wait to rate until I ask you to do so. It may take a few replies for me to be able to render an complete answer. I will let you know when I do.

I am sorry to hear about this. Can you please tell me what state is this in, and, where is she now - USA or Ukraine?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.


I am touching base with you since you had not replied to my original query. Did you see it? Did you need be to re-post it?