How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Kincaid Your Own Question
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2511
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
S. Kincaid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father was fired from union unlawfuly, my mother was not

Customer Question

My father was fired from union unlawfuly, my mother was not married to him. She won the case, they were not married. She had custody of me. When I was 18 was I entitled to this money or no?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.

What case did she win? What money are you referring to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He was a pipefitter in union. He was was fired and replaced by 2 vacationers, it was found illegal by union. She won a settlement. I only know he was a welder, he passed away at work the day he found out he was fired, in watsonville ca. They were not married. I was his only child
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to know how she was able to collect money when they were not married, though she was my gaurdian... shouldnt I have at least known what happend when I turned 18?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if possible what can I do to find out more information about this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there ???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really hope i didnt pay 33 dollars for that reply.