How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19479
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Husband petitioned legal separation and I wanted to know if

Customer Question

Husband petitioned for a legal separation and I wanted to know if I can request a name change im 17 weeks pregnant and don't want him in my labor and delivery room not to mention our residency is in Nj and he petitioned in California and before I decided to leave California we signed a notarized agreement that he would have our 2 year old daughter from June 1st to August 31st and she would relocate with me and he filed while I was away and claimed I abandoned her
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you can can request for a name change. You can also request that the hospital not allow him in your labor and delivery room.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have court today and hope for the best
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Best wishes.

Kindly give a positive rating to my answer so that I can receive credit for responding to your post.

Thank you for your cooperation,