How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42303
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I want to preempt certain judges to rule on my case by

Customer Question

If I want to preempt certain judges to rule on my case by filing motion to disqualify before they start ruling on the case, or do I have to wait for their adverse ruling, which is too late as they will then not back off.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA.I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

You would file this immediately before any rulings.This is called a motion to recluse.Here is Connecticut law on the subject for your reference and use in your motion..

More case law and forms for you..

In your cover letter with your motion here ask that a different judge be assigned to hear the motion for disqualify or reclusal..

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

This may be a better form for you.

You want to file this asap before judge rules on anything.You hope a replacement is more favorable to you.Thanks again.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

If you can leave a positive rating it is always sincerely ***** ***** am glad I could hep you today.