How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter died in May 2014. She had full custody of her

Customer Question

My daughter died in May 2014. She had full custody of her two daughters. One of her daughters is in Texas now with the bio father (Which i have contact with) and the other father has disappeared with my 3yr old granddaughter. I havent seen her since July 2 2014. A CPS officer showed up at my home in June 2015 to say they have never followed up as their records show both granddaughters missing with records only until May 2nd of 2014,...before my daughter died. There was an ongoing family court at the time my daughter died and I had guardianship of my oldest granddaughter and after my daughter died they brought me my youngest granddaughter. My youngest granddaughter here in Phoenix the judge ordered back with her bio father before the police investigation was even completed. How legally in Phoenix can I locate the bio father of my youngest granddaughter to get grandparent rights. According to the legal side of CPS,...they have no idea where they are when they should have been performing well being checks. What can I do?? What can I file with the courts if there's no current address? Do I need a lawyer or a private investigator or BOTH?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

To be honest you would need a private investigator to get this resolved. I would also urge that you use online methods such as Facebook, Google, and other search engines to hopefully be able to find him. Then, and only then you would likely need an attorney because you would then need to figure out where to file for custody--if the parent, for example, has been at one location long enough, perhaps that state's law is now in charge of custody rather than where you are located. So first you need to find him, then you can figure out on how to serve him and pursue him directly.


Dimitry, Esq.