How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm separated, about to file, have a new girlfriend, and my

Customer Question

I'm separated, about to file for divorce, have a new girlfriend, and my wife's sister is harassing her on social media. I'm worried about my wife starting to do the same. Can I file a TRO to my wife to keep her and her sister under control?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Your girlfriend can file for a TRO to prevent the harassment by the both of them, but not you because you are not the one being harassed, your girlfriend is. If they are harassing her and they will not cease and desist, the court will order a restraining order for that harassment and if they violate that order then they would go to jail.

Related Family Law Questions