Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I'm separated, about to file, have a new girlfriend, and my

Customer Question

I'm separated, about to file for divorce, have a new girlfriend, and my wife's sister is harassing her on social media. I'm worried about my wife starting to do the same. Can I file a TRO to my wife to keep her and her sister under control?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Your girlfriend can file for a TRO to prevent the harassment by the both of them, but not you because you are not the one being harassed, your girlfriend is. If they are harassing her and they will not cease and desist, the court will order a restraining order for that harassment and if they violate that order then they would go to jail.