How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9409
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a person had a confindential marriage in hesperia,

Customer Question

if a person had a confindential marriage in hesperia, california do they need to do a recording in apple valley, ca. or is the marriage legal without this special recording...
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had a confidential married preformed at the courthouse in Hesperia Ca. on 4-14-14. It was a business arrangement and now that has terminated. I was going to file for divorce and my spouse said he was told that we needed to take the paperwork we were given that day to a recorder in Apple Valley and record the marriage. So is this correct. Does this mean I was not legally married? Please say yes!! Thanks
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

Did you file the license in the County where it was purchased?


Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we were married at the court house... i figured they did it. according to what i have read, they file within 10 days. i was married 30 years prior by a preacher, so i wasn't aware it was any different..... i will read the attachment you sent.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the attachment you sent did not say whether or not the couple have to file it. and as i stated prior, what i read is that according to california law, who ever married us, had 10 days to file it with the recorders office. is there a way i can check on this. i am not in the state of california so i can not go there in person..
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 2 years ago.

You will have to call the County Clerk for instructions on how to get a copy if it was filed.

If it was filed as required by law, then you are married. If it was not filed, you are not.