How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31781
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have sole custody of my child, if i decide to modify legal

Customer Question

i have sole custody of my child, if i decide to modify legal custody to 50/50 do i have to go to court all over again with the father. will it just involve paperwork being filled out of my part?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i am living in california
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

You would have to file a motion with the court to modify the current custody order and get the judge to approve it. You don't have the authority to make the change......only the judge does.