How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 102142
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughters Army husband wants a divorce. She's a stay at

Customer Question

My daughters Army husband wants a divorce. She's a stay at home mom with a 2 year old. He will be stationed out of country for 1 year and wants her out of house before he gets back and says he will file at that time. Does not want her to move out of state or will go for full custody. They live in Michigan. She's from Wisconsin. Advice please.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) please wait to rate until I ask you to do so. It may take a few replies for me to be able to render an complete answer. I will let you know when I do.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. "Please advise" is a very open-ended question. What exactly are you asking? For example:

-how will custody be decided?
-can he demand that she leave the home?
-where can the divorce be filed?
-can she file for divorce before he does?

Etc. Let me know what specifically you wish to discus herein.

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you saw my query in regards ***** ***** question and could reply so I can answer. Let me know. Thanks!

Related Family Law Questions