Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
26296561

I even married 16 years. My husband was the bread winner of

Customer Question

I even married for almost 16 years. My husband was the bread winner of the family. My credit suffered due to medical bills for our daughter. I filed bankruptcy and now I'm discharge with a 0 beacon. I make about $40k year and my ex makes about 110-120k year. We have a 16 year old daughter who has had some medical conditions like anxiety, migraines, IBS and had a port put in due to it. This keeps here out of the hospital. My question is how much alamony can I ask for that a judge would approve. Also if I give him all right to the house. Which we can't sell in this market and come out even can I have him respondable for all marital debt. He has two loans one for about 50k and the other $31k. I plan on taking over the car payment so I can have a vehicle. What can I ask for in our divorce?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Unfortunately, I cannot comment on your specific case, as each case in unique and the judges decide as to whether award alimony and the amount of alimony on a case by case basis, and determination is based on many factors related to the divorce case, but I will be able to provide you with a general answer to your question.

Can you please tell me if divorce has been filed?

If it was, did you consult and retain an experienced local family law attorney to represent you?