How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Makayla XXXXXX is 17 yrs old and should be a senior at

Customer Question

Makayla XXXXXX is 17 yrs old and should be a senior at Forest Park High school in Woodbridge, VA. In late June she was put out of the home of her legal guardian and can to Accokeek Maryland to live with an Aunt. The guardian does not want Makayla to come back to her house and has petition to court to relieve her as guardian of her. Makayla is not enrolled in school because her Aunt is not her legal guardian and she does not and never had a birth certificate which is required for enrollment. The legal guardian and the adoptive mother will not assist in helping Makayla get enrolled, not assist in getting the birth certificate.
Question: Is there anything I can do to get Makayla in school?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. If I may ask, who are you exactly--are you the Aunt?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am the aunt
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.


I apologize for the delay. I was offline and was unable to assist. Do you still require assistance at this time? Please advise.