How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6421
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

State of WI. To change an original order of the court that

Customer Question

State of WI. To change an original order of the court that was upheld in appeals and initial motion for change. I have new evidence that will provide necessary substantiation to reverse earlier decisions. What form or process do I take to remedy this wrong? I am aware of an order to show cause for change, or amend judgement. Not sure what path to take. Can you advise?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)!

Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information for your educational purposes only;

(B) No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with a JA expert;

(C) If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney of your choice in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given by a JA expert;

(D) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time. Please wait until then to assign the rating as initially I may still be getting more information from you to formulate a better answer; and

(E) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then please know that I make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you accept, understand and agree to these terms.

1. what type of case is this?

2. how long has it been since the order was first signed? What is the date of the order?

3. when was the first time that you discovered the new evidence - what date and how?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. Family law equalization payment disputes
2. March 2009
3. 2 weeks ago, googled the appraiser and found out he had a suspended license from the state, in February 2009.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

The applicable law is at these links: link one and link two.

Notwithstanding sub. (1), a motion for a new trial based on newly discovered evidence may be made at any time within one year after verdict. Unless an order granting or denying the motion is entered within 90 days after the motion is made, it shall be deemed denied.

Based on the law above the time limit for you to seek relief from an order appears to have expired in March of 2010. Sorry, I know this is not what you wanted to hear; but I am assuming you are paying for an honest and professional answer. I did not want to accept your request for a live phone call as those cost more money and you did not seem to need that here.

If this answers your question, please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time.

If you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.

You may request me in the future on new and unrelated questions by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR MAVERICK".

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The last motion was heard in 2013 and a ruling decision was made in 2014.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Once again the one year time frame would apply but I am not able to tell which motions and what exacts dates you are talking about without more information. The new evidence must pertain to an order that was signed within the last one year of the time you first discovered the the appraiser was not licensed. So the order you want to overturn must have been signed sometime after September 25, 2014.