How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31770
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex was ordered to pay me contractual alimony back in 2003

Customer Question

My ex was ordered to pay me contractual alimony back in 2003 when we divorced. He quit his job in 2005, so I was unable to get the money from him since his wages were being garnished. For the first time since 2005, he just secured a job. How can I get the wage garnishment reinstated?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If he has a new job, you'll have to issue a wage garnishment to his new employer and have the payments re-started. You'd use the same process as you used before.

Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.

Once the writ of garnishment is sent to the new employer, the child support payments will resume to you from the employer.