How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31672
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently was kicked out of my sisters house along with my

Customer Question

i recently was kicked out of my sisters house along with my 6 month old. my school books, child medicine and personal belongs are inside. She is refusing to let me get them what can i do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Your best option would be to contact the local sheriff's office and ask that someone accompany you to the house and keep the peace while you recover your things.

The only other option would be to file a petition in court for conversion of property / trespass to chattels and ask the court for an order directing your sister to allow you in the house to get your property.

Related Family Law Questions