How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am married to my stepson mother and we all live together

Customer Question

I am married to my stepson mother and we all live together and I solely provide for the child. We like to travel out of the country and we want to get him a passport so he can travel with us. My stepson has no dealing with father nor does his bio. father pay child support or do anything for him. We just want to get him a passport
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Unless the bio father has relinquished his parental rights by some sort of Court Order, then you are required to get his permission and he will need to sign the documents for a passport.


1 - The Mother can show proof of a Court Order granting her sole Legal and Physical Custody OR


When the Mother goes to apply for the passport, then she will tell the clerk that she does not know where the Father is and he has not been able to be located for ever how long it has been

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you

Related Family Law Questions